Trouble in the Paradise.

Who is unaware of the most famous saying, “teaching is the noblest profession”.  But who has dared to step into the shoes of the people who are taking the noblest profession.
I am going to share this, not because I am a teacher and I want to defend my profession, I am sharing this because I love to do what I do and I want to let others know what is like to step in to the paradise.
There are no parents on the world who actually wants to spoil their kids. Teachers are always regarded as the second parents. For that no teacher want to show their students the wrong path. We also know that the school is an institution whereby many students come and want to shape their future in the most desirable way. We the human beings are all alike and some of the humans would love to abide by the system by listening to others, but there are some who would love to abide by the system only when told by others. We the teachers are encountering different learners.  For that we are forced to use different strategies with the different students. I hope you understood what I mean.
I this case I am really dishearten to hear and see that the reward for this is either imprisonment or withholding of the promotion. For that I would like to cite an example that every Bhutanese citizens are aware of. “The principal of one of the schools was imprisoned for three months correcting a student using an alternative.
We know that there are many rights and protections for the children against the teachers, but there is a big question that we all need to ask ourselves. Where is the right and the protection for the teachers? On the other hand we are talking about the quality of education, but if this is the reward for the teachers, then we will have to compromise the quality of education.

I am sorry because, my writing went little bit of biased, because these are the facts.

1 comments:

We focused on values and ethos, yet they focused on fashions of the day. What is normal for us is an abnormal for them. That is the contradiction we have Sonam sir.

Reply

Post a Comment